Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August Garden

I got home this evening after three days running my booth out at Roche Harbor. I haven't been home since Friday afternoon what with that and the Saturday market and, as usual, the first thing I want to do is to go out into the garden and see what's been happening since I've been gone.

The squash and pumpkin plants are huge, almost covering the paths. I walked down between them because probably won't be able to tomorrow morning.

There are peppers set on the pepper plants, the corn is tall, the zinnias are in full bloom, the pole beans are scrambling up their supports, the hoophouse is FULL of tomatoes. It's a lot cooler than it has been but the evening is soft and lovely. I'm glad to be home.

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to have a tour round your garden, Margaret - although I do miss that lane on your old header. It is always nice to be home, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete