Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Traditions

Halloween has come and gone.  With no kids around the place we don't do much to celebrate and there is no trick or treating here.  But we do have a tradition of carving 3 pumpkins and putting them out at the end of the driveway at dusk with candles in them.  They're just for anyone driving by.
This is followed by Halloween tradition #2, roasted pumpkin seeds.  We get this treat just once a year and so we enjoy it while it lasts.  We clean the seeds from the pulp and put them in the oven until they are crispy.  Some friends add a bit of oil and salt or herbs.    I can't believe it but we've already eaten about half of them.

2 comments:

  1. My birthday is on Hallowe'en Margaret so we always celebrate with pumpkins. I wish I had known about roasting the seeds - my hens have eaten them all now and the idea sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete