Monday, July 21, 2008

Elderhostel

I had a great time today giving a talk to an Elderhostel group in Friday Harbor. I made up two Power Point presentations, one on the farm and one on weaving called "How Long Did it Take You to Make That?" the most common question I am asked when I show my work in public. I learned how to do a Power Point when shamed into the realization that the third graders knew how to do it and I didn't. Unfortunately they didn't have the proper connector for my Mac so I couldn't project it but just used it as a prompt for my talk and invited people to come up close and watch it when it was over. This is the third time I've done this and the groups are always great. People seem truly interested in what I have to say and always ask intelligent questions. Actually I can't quite believe that I get paid for running off at the mouth about my favorite subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment