Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rain and Our First Tomatoes

I got rained out of my Roche Harbor booth today and as Joel was in town giving a talk on winter gardening grabbed a ride home. On the way home we passed Nob Island looking romantic in the rain. We came home to harvest the very first tomatoes out of our hoophouse from a variety called Stupice (stoo PEACH ka).
Joel made a great salad from those two tomatoes, Green Ice lettuce, Red Candy Apple onions, basil and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.

The garden is loving the rain.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great salad. This is the first time I have visited your blog. Nicely put together. I too am a weaver. I became addicted to the craft in 1994. Currently I'm working on some table runners. I may display them on my blog...eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete