Friday, October 2, 2009

Fall Harvest Flowers

The flowers are nearly gone. This picture is from last week and I'm not sure what I'll find out there this morning. We had our first frost, a light one, on Monday morning and it has rained all week. The rain and clouds have kept frost away but have definitely battered the flowers. But then, it IS October. I can't complain. In spite of the lack of rain all summer we have had the best tomato crop ever.

This weekend is Artstock, San Juan Island's falls studio tour. I will be a guest artist at Kristy Gjesme's studio in Friday Harbor. Details are in the Artstock link at the right. I've been knitting and fulling a bunch more hats all week. This has been about my best year for hat sales, too. Go figure. It's a hot dry summer and I'm selling felted wool hats like hotcakes.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your best hat year, Margaret - perhaps everyone is expecting a cold winter. Interesting that you have already had your first frost - I would have thought living on a small island the warm sea would have kept the frost at bay. Lovely flowers in your photograph. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our farm is in a real frost pocket in the middle of the island. We frequently get the first frost in the fall and the last in the spring. Other farms on the island have had no frost so far.

    ReplyDelete