Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Playing with Color

I haven't been keeping up the blog. Last week I was hustling to get ready for the Studio Tour and this week I'm digging out the house and recovering. I had a wonderful time and sales were great in spite of it raining hard most of Sunday. I sold a bunch of rugs including the two on the screen in the back in the picture above. I also sold a lot of placemats so that my stock of them is seriously depleted.
So I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about the sale and placemats and thought I'd make up a batch of placemats similar to the rug on the far right above. It has 9 color wheel colors, interspersed with navy blue. So I just finished winding a log cabin warp of navy blue and 9 colors and digging out poly/cotton sheets in 9 colors to make sure I had everything I need to do that.
And, while I was at that I started thinking about the colors I was working with and decided to wind a couple more warps, one of the blues and greens and one of the reds and oranges. These will be symmetrical with yellow in the middle. I had a hard time deciding what to do with the purples but ended up with the blue purple with the greens and blues and the purple and red purple with the warm colors. Think these will work nicely. I'll weave the latter two warps with print fabrics in similar colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment