Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rainy Day at the market

It poured all throughout the Farmers Market this morning. By the end of the market we were cold and soaked to the skin. Ah, the joys of selling your produce outdoors. I meant to take a picture but the batteries in the camera went dead and I was too cold and wet to deal with it. But when we finally got home, got warm and dry and did the books for the day, sales were just about what we would have expected for the middle of September. We didn't sell all our corn and that was disappointing, but what I learned once again is the tremendous loyalty of our customers. They come out in all sorts of weather (remember the snow in April!!) to support our efforts in growing good food for them. Those of you who are our customers who read this blog know who I am talking about and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment