Thursday, March 19, 2009

First Daffodils

This has certainly been a blustery march. In the last couple of weeks we have had snow, rain, high winds, below freezing temperatures and last Monday half an inch of hail. And the long term forecast is for more of the same through the first week of April. But in spite of that the first daffodils are blooming. This variety is called February Gold and is almost always the first to flower in my garden.
But as long as I can retreat to the studio and weave I can weather almost any weather. I've started working on placemats. I have 5 warps measured out and chained up waiting to be woven and a bunch of boas to make as well. And I have been having fun weaving to the music of The Pains of Being Pure at Heart. My youngest daughter Siri's boyfriend play bass for the band which is definitely up and coming with several tours in Europe under their belts. I've been enjoying their music and figured I'd give them a plug here.

2 comments:

  1. Those place mats look really good Margaret - i so enjoy reading your blog and imagining you so far away in such a lovely area. Hope the warm weather comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's so great! I have a fun video of them at the sxsw music festival to send you...also, Alex got back tonight and I bought him a bunch of, guess what...daffodils!

    ReplyDelete