Thursday, April 21, 2011

In spite of the fact that it is still Cold, things are progressing in the garden. Above, the Sweet William, planted last summer as it is a biennial, is beginning to show flower buds.
In the hoophouse, the greens are big enough to harvest tomorrow for market on Saturday. There was a cold wind blowing most of the day but when Joel and I went out this evening to plant beets it had stopped and it was almost warmish and there were bugs out, a sure sign that things have warmed up a bit. I also got a bed of little stock plants in the ground this afternoon. Stocks are one of my favorite flowers, I love the scent

1 comment:

  1. It is so interesting to read of your doings there such a long way away from where we live - it might still be cold but your sweet william plants look a lot further on than those in my garden. I love them too and always shake the seeds around so that they go on from year to year.

    ReplyDelete