Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bookmarks and Radishes

I spent yesterday weaving bookmarks on my 8 harness loom. I have wanted to try out some great snowflake patterns I have in a weaving book and bookmarks are such a great way to try patterns. Because they are small and weave up quickly I can try all sorts of variations on the patterns. Bookmarks and mug rugs give me a nice bunch of small ticket items for my various sales venues.

Then I planted more stocks and my first cosmos and lavatera in the greenhouse. And in the afternoon Joel and I planted the first radishes. Chas, below, came out to help by walking down the rows as we planted. The days are so satisfying. This weekend is the last winter Farmers Market in Friday Harbor at the Fairgrounds. On the 19th we will start the weekly regular market back at the courthouse parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment