Wednesday, April 30, 2008

More Flowers

One of my favorite spring flowers are maple flowers. There's a huge old maple tree in the yard that is probably about as old as the house (ca 100 years) and right now it is in full bloom. Years ago I embroidered maple flowers on the yoke of a nightgown I made for one of my daughters. When the night gown wore out she cut off the yoke and saved it. I think she still has it.

I finally got all the flowers knitted to decorate a dozen of my felted hats. I've been working on these for several days. They are a lot of fun to make. Today I ran them through the washing machine and by tomorrow will have the hats finished and labeled. As I will be setting up my first crafts booth of the year at the farmers market this coming Saturday I have been hustling to get everything ready. I always forget how long it takes to just get the labels on everything.

Joel got the tomato plants planted in the hoophouse and more onion plants out in the garden. The weather has warmed up a bit so her got a lot more garden beds rototilled. Tomorrow I hope to get some more flowers set out. I have stocks, godetias, and amaranths busting out of their soil blocks and needing to get in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment