Friday, March 26, 2010

Rainbow Rugs

I did another series of what I call rainbow rugs in this last bunch of rag rugs. They consist of 9 colors, blue, blue purple, red purple, red, orange, yellow, yellow green, green and blue green woven in double binding. In the past I have used cotton/poly sheet material for these but this year I found 8 of the colors in flannel sheets. I ended up dyeing the yellow. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of yellow flannel sheets around. Actually I was surprised to find a whole set in orange.
I set up the loom to do 7 rugs on a warp so I played with various ways of using the 9 colors. This one is made with small blocks. In both I used a navy fabric to set off the brighter colors. I am very happy with this series. Now to see if I can collect enough of the colors to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment