Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stocking up for the Season's Sales

While Joel has been outside tilling beds and planting onion plants, I've been chained to my sewing machine finishing up this year's batch of rugs and potholders - 26 more rugs and 64 potholders. Getting them off the loom is not the end. there are hems to be sewn, tags to be put on them, pictures taken for my Etsy store. I love this old sewing machine. I've had it since the 60's. It is actually an old Singer electric but I took off the motor and attached it to a treadle base. That way I don't have to turn on the generator to run it and I get LOTS of exercise pumping the treadle.

Now I need to wash and weave up the wool from our sheep that Joel has been spinning all winter. After all those bright rag rugs working with the soft neutrals of the wools will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment