Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Random Stripes

There are a number of ways to make stripes. You can make them symmetrical, use a fibonacci sequence, use a stripe generator, wrap yarns around a piece of cardboard, etc. In this case I had a bunch of leftover warp yarn from rug making in various small amounts. So I laid them out in what seemed a pleasing color order and then just wound a stripe until I ran out of yarn or got to an inch of warp. If there was still yarn left on the cone after an inch I put it back in the sequence. I'm rather pleased with the result.
I'm weaving it up in a fancy 8 harness twill using blue or yellow or green as weft. I have enough warp for 6 runners so will experiment with treadling and color on each one.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful twill, Margaret, colors, too. Don't you just love warps where you can play with weft colors and treadling and see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete