Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Kitchen

I do love my wood cookstove but there are times in the summer when I just don't want to keep a fire going during the day or heat up the house in the evening. It makes it too hard to sleep. Luckily in this climate those sort of days don't happen all that often. But when they do, we have set up a summer kitchen outside to cook simple meals or to heat hot water to make tea or coffee. It's just a two burner hotplate hooked to a propane tank but I love cooking on it on warm summer evenings and then eating outside on the lawn until the bugs drive us inside to a nice cool house.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good whatever it is Margaret. A lovely idea - we have an Aga which is on all the year round and on very hot days I wish I could turn it off.

    ReplyDelete