Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall


On the way to market yesterday I stopped every quarter mile or so to take a picture of the fall foliage along the road because it was so beautiful with the light coming through the yellow maple leaves. These are about the best of the bunch. It is so hard to capture that light and color. I think painters can do it more readily.
On the way home we saw these amazing streaks of light exactly opposite the sun. I've seen sights like this in the morning with the sun coming up, but this sun was behind me and going down. I tweaked the photo a bit to make the streaks stand out more which is closer to the way it actually looked although the water wasn't that dark.

Now we're home, and the wind is blowing and it's raining, but all the boats are in and people home, the fire is warm and cozy, so let it blow and let it rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment