Thursday, March 20, 2008

New Weaving

I finally finished weaving the above warp yesterday. It had been on my 8 harness Harrisville loom for over a year. Not that I didn't like it, it's lovely, but I kept needing to make more rugs or scarves or boas on the other looms and that one got neglected. The overshot pattern is called Valley Forge Dogwood and it's from Marguerite Davison's wonderful book of weaving patterns, A Handweaver's Pattern Book. The yarn is natural colored organic cotton. The colors in natural colored cotton actually get deeper with washing. I've made several runners of this pattern in different shades of yarn. Now I need to hem the ones with hems and twist the fringes on the fringed ones. That's an evening job and I'll get it to little by little. I also have 17 rayon chenille scarves that need their fringes twisted so I have my work cut out for me. I've put a new warp for bookmarks on the loom I took these off of and hope to start weaving those today.

No comments:

Post a Comment